Buddha advised that we should contemplate the following five things every day:
- I am aging and will continue to age. I have not gone beyond aging.
- I will get sick. I have not gone beyond getting sick.
- I will eventually die. I have not gone beyond dying.
- All that is mine, beloved and pleasing will eventually become separated from me.
- I am the owner of my Karma. Whatever Karma I shall do, for good or bad, I shall own the results of my intentional actions. Karma is supporting us and we have to be careful about our Karma.